University of North Carolina Charlotte BFA Art with concentration
in Photography – minor in Art History
Studio Art Center International, Florence Italy Documentary
Photography and Renaissance Art History
Landstuhl, Germany Photography Apprenticeship under photographer
WORK EXPERIENCE AND
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
2003 Contract Photographer for Zumapress, international photo news
Photojournalist and Documentary Photographer. Published by The Los
Angeles Times, World Vision, Pasadena
Weekly, Novella Publishing Co., The Lancaster News, and Daily Journal.
Daily Journal and Our Times - Los Angeles Times.
Photographer for The New York Times, USA
TODAY, Time Magazine, Newsweek Magazine, and People Magazine. Based
in Charlotte, NC.
– 1999 Contract Photographer for Sipa Press
Stringer photographer for the Charlotte Observer.
-1986 Chief Photographer for The Leader , Charlotte, NC
Black and White Photography and Lab Adjunct Professor, Cal
State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Basic Photo and Black and White Lab Adjunct Professor, Mt.
San Antonio College
UCLA-Extension, Environmental Portraits Instructor
City of Torrance Cultural Center, Basic Photo Instructor
- Photography instructor, Queens College
Central Piedmont Community College. Subjects taught Basic Photography
2003 -Editorial column with photographic essays for the Lancaster News.
1980-1999 Freelance Feature Writer - Charlotte Observer
-1999 Feature writer for Break Magazine / Charlotte Observer.
- “World Youth Day” – Pope John Paul II Photo Essay
- Chairperson of National Press Photographer’s Association Women’s
Committee- Region 10
- Photo Exhibit, “Renaissance of the Catawba Indians” –
Capitol Building, Washington, D.C.
1999 - Public Art Exhibition, 'China - A GLASS HOUSE" No. 1, 3rd
St. Promenade Santa Monica, CA. Photography and Performance Art. Commemoration
of 10th anniversary of Tiananmen Square
- Public Art Exhibition, " China - A GLASS HOUSE" No. 2, Chinese
- Public Art Project To Give An Identity of The West Blvd. Project
Through Photography and Videography for black history and
developmental aid for the city of Charlotte, NC
- Photographic documentary, "The Renaissance of The Catawba Indians",
one-person show, Cone Center, UNCC.
- Tiananmen Square Photo Exhibit, Museum of Torrance, Los Angeles, CA
- Public art photographic mural for the Center Point Human Resource
Center 4x8 feet, Winston Salem, NC
- 1998 North Carolina Arts Council Touring and Resident Artist Directory
- 1998 Charlotte's Web-photographer chosen for web site open studio,
- A permanent exhibit of ten 4x8 feet photographs on Charlotte and NC
at the Charlotte Convention Center
- Documentation of the building of the Interstate Johnson and Lane Financial
Center, (IJL) for permanent exhibition in the building
- Public Art photographic mural to represent Charlotte, permanent display
in Ericsson Stadium, 29 feet by 9 feet
- The cover and inside photographs of the book on Charlotte life and
culture, CHARLOTTE NOTHING COULD BE FINER
- A permanent exhibit of photographic documentation of the artist painting
the murals on exhibit at The Charlotte Convention Center
- Three 3x5 foot photographs on permanent exhibit at the Charlotte Convention
Visitors Center covering lifestyles in Charlotte
- Emerging Artist Award, The North Carolina Arts and Science Council
of Charlotte Mecklenberg, Inc.
- Exhibitions of coverage of the Tiananmen Square Massacre throughout
the southeastern United States sponsored by a grant from Bank of America
of the National Press Photographer Association
of Women in Photography International
of Visual Artists Guild